Ductless HVAC systems or often known as mini-split systems are beautifully efficient and provide consistent room comfort. A ductless heat pump or air conditioner typically consists of a wall-mounted indoor unit combined with an outside compressor. It, in a situation where a window AC unit or baseboard heating would be considered, such as a new addition to a house. But unlike window units, ductless units require only a very small hole to be drilled into the wall, making them less vulnerable to air leakage and security problems. Plus, they’re less visible and audible.
Depending on your home’s construction, ductless systems can make sense in a variety of applications, including whole-house heating and cooling. But there are certain situations where ductless has a clear advantage:
- Flexible solution. Ductless cooling and heating are a cost-effective way to replace inefficient window units, space heaters and electric baseboard heaters or simply a cost-effective way to cool an otherwise warm space in your home or office. This an advantage is to improve temperature control in a specific room.
- New additions: garage apartments, bonus rooms, sunrooms. The main benefit of ductless here is that it will be properly sized for the new space and won’t steal air from other rooms or overload your old HVAC system.
- Saving money and cost-effective. Ductless A/C systems are much more efficient than conventional duct systems. Ductless systems operate on less power, they are smaller than traditional air conditioning systems, and because the air is delivered directly to a room, there is no loss in efficiency that occurs within the duct of
conventional systems. With ductless systems, you can set these rooms to a temperature higher than the bedroom that you sleep in saving you money on your electric bill and still ensuring you don’t develop a mold problem.
- Serving multiple needs under one roof. Does your family constantly fight over the thermostat? Ductless is ideal for creating independent temperature zones in different rooms, and although you can install zoning in a traditional ducted system, it won’t be as efficient.
- Lower Carbon Footprint. Ductless air conditioners operate on the same principle as your refrigerator and use just about the same amount of electricity. The small size of a ductless cooling system and the zone capabilities that they provide allow for greater energy efficiency. Ductless cooling and heating systems follow ENERGY STAR guidelines. This makes them far more energy efficient than conventional HVAC systems. Better energy efficiency saves money and also reduces your total carbon output.
- Quick and Easy to Install on the wall of a roo. Ductless systems are far less complicated and invasive to install than a conventional unit. A two-man crew can easily install a ductless unit in half a day.
- Adding AC to a house with no existing ductwork. Ductless isn’t cheap, but it’s less expensive than adding ductwork to an existing house.
Proper system sizing and installation is absolutely critical to getting the touted benefits from a ductless system. Although a DIY approach is possible, it is advisable against it as you’ll likely void the warranty. It is better to hand over the work to reliable ductless air-conditioning contractor that has experience dealing with the project. Ductless will never work properly if the system is the wrong size, the wall penetration isn’t sealed correctly, or the sensitive electronics are mishandled. And you have to be able to handle refrigerant according to EPA guidelines. The extra money you spend to have a pro do the job is worth it. Preventive Maintenance Support Services has installed mini splits AC in many different projects, in smaller scale such as individual rooms to home additions, new construction, apartments and condominiums.
To install a single unit in a single room (assuming there are no complicated construction issues with your house), expect the job to take around three-to- seven hours. Multiple rooms and tricky construction may push installation time up to a week. Even so, you can ensure that mini split ac installers should be working within these amounts of duration to finish the project. Our conditioning team in Preventive Maintenance Support Services has known as reliable Ductless ac installers for our valued customers.