Kitchen is one element of your house that can bring a new vibe. Not only for cooking only, since the kitchen is one of the most active parts of your property.
You can cook, make some dishes, or just play around trying new recipes for the entire house.
But as the time goes by you slowly feel like you need something new in your house. Why not remodel your kitchen?
And the most clever idea to do remodelling is to change the looks of the cabinets. While doing this you don’t need to pay extra money to replace or reface or remodel the entire kitchen.
The Different Price Range of Kitchen Cabinets
But before we jump into the answer of how much does the cost to make kitchen cabinets remodel, let's find out why kitchen cabinets have some range on their prices.
The main answer is the materials it used. From those materials comes quality.
So the price range estimated is between $2000 up to $24,000. Here are the classification:
- Ready to assemble cabinets. Usually this kind of cabinets are ready stock. The price starts from $2000 up to $4000.
- Semi custom. The semi custom cabinets are considerably low-and-mid end cabinets. Usually these kinds of cabinets are also ready stock cabinets. The prices are between $4,000 up to $13,000.
- Semi custom or custom cabinets. The average quality from this classification is high end kitchen cabinets. It’s not always come from the warehouse since it is custom made. The price started from $13,000 up to $24,000.
- Custom cabinets. This is the high end custom cabinets. The most expensive of all. The price started from $24,000 and above. It depends on the design and materials you choose.
Minor and Mid-Range of Kitchen Remodelling
Remodeling the kitchen cabinets is quite close to when someone wants to remodel their kitchen. Since minor and mid-range remodel involving the remodelling of the cabinets.
So if you want to remodel the entire kitchen why not do some changes on the cabinets first?
After that you can pay attention to the tiles, and other elements.
If you need to do minor remodelling of your kitchen, you may need to prepare $10,000 up to $15,000. But remember it comes along with all the aspects, not the cabinets only.
In this kind of kitchen remodel, basically you repaint the cabinets. While keeping the original materials of the cabinets itself.
On the other hand, medium remodel may cost you around $15,000 up to $30,000.
Medium remodel involves the refacing of the cabinets. It means you replace the doors, hardware or other cabinet elements.
So, Reface or Refinish?
Remodel kitchen cabinets occasionally is a job between these two options; reface or refinish.
Here are some thoughts about it.
- Reface Kitchen Cabinets
Reface your kitchen cabinets to replace all of the “looks” on your cabinet. It is simply changing its “face”. You can get a brand and fresh new looks without replacing the entire cabinet.
This is a good idea if you want to save some budget. You can allocate the budget for other parts of your house.
The cost to do some refacing is around $4,000 up to $10,000.
This budget is an estimated cost needed to replace the door, such as the front door of your cabinet, or any hardware you want to remove and install a brand new.
Refacing is a safe step prior to reinstalling or replacing the entire cabinets.
You can also add a new wood veneer. These veneers can spice your cabinets up by matching it with other cabinetry elements.
- Refinish Kitchen Cabinets
The next choice and more economic choice is to refinish your cabinets. Basically you have a new look of your cabinets without need to do total replacement.
It is way cheaper than refacing your cabinets.
The cost range started from only $200 up to $600. Because you can DIY the paint job on your cabinet.
But if you want to hire a professional there’s nothing wrong about that. You can get a good paint job for $400 up to $1,600. To get to know more on the labor budget, you can contact us. We will give you a clear estimation about the job and the budget.
Refinishing the cabinets is something you need to choose if you put budget on the first line of consideration.
Some Tips to Saves Your Money
Kitchen is one corner of the house which is visited regularly day and night. But on the other hand, the kitchen is not the main attraction for the guests. This is true sometimes, for you, but not in the eyes of the next owner of property.
If you have a plan to sell your house, you should pay attention to your kitchen. You can do these things to save your money and also add up the value of your house.
- Choose the materials wisely. It is better to have good quality materials the first time you install the cabinets. So you only need to maintain it for the long term. Choose walnut for instance rather than oak, since walnuts are better since you don’t need to repaint it often.
- Learn DIY tips. This is valid not only for kitchen jobs, but it can be handy if you come across other construction jobs.
- Be a smart buyer. You need to check the price of materials needed. Look for the information when those materials have a discounted price. Find a professional with a reasonable price for its service.
- Don’t hesitate to ask. The key for all the construction jobs is you don’t need to hesitate to ask. Ask your constructor anything about the details. You can save some meaningful amount of money by doing this.
Have a Plan Already to Remodel Your Kitchen Cabinets?
When you get inspired to remodel kitchen cabinets, you can always contact us; Preventive Support to support you and give you professional advice.
Please contact us, it’s FREE!