Tile Roof Repair
Tile Roof Repair Boca Raton
The ultraviolet rays of the sun, intense heat and harsh weather we have in South Florida is punishing to your roof. Despite this, your tile roof could last up to 50 years. So if your roof is leaking, the contractor you select to fix it needs to be certified and make a profession repair. Some contractors don’t care about their work and let their crews cut corners by installing a patch over the suspected roof leak., trying to save time and make more money. We won’t do that at Preventive Maintenance Support Services Roofing Company. As experienced roofers, our tile roof repair crews are trained to make a thorough repair not patches
What is the difference between a patch and a real tile roof repair? See below
Tile Roof Repair – properly executed
The three pictures below show how the tile roof repair process should be made.
- Remove the roof tiles in the affected area until no wood with water stains can be found
- Replace the wood, sometimes the trusses below need new wood as well
- Install new roofing materials and tuck them neatly in shingle fashion beneath the underlayment above
- Seal the perimeter edge with mastic (affectionately called “bull”) and membrane
- Put the tiles back in place using mastic not nails (we don’t want to poke holes in our new underlayment) and we don’t want any rusting nails to cause the leak to come back.
- Preventive Maintenance Support Services Roofing Company is a quality roofing company and we wont cut corners. We will repair your roof on our first visit.
- Don’t let another roofing company skip steps and damage your clay tile or roof tile.
What are some Common tile roof problems?
Tile Roof Valleys
When water falls into this valley it travels beneath the tiles down hill. Since most tiles in South Florida are held on with nails, over time the nails rust and allow water into your home. This is why we never use nails to hold the tile on. We used approved mastic so the roof repair lasts much longer
Rotten fascia is almost always the result of a roof leak above and its repair is more complicated than one might think. The roofing and metal flashings have to come off before the fascia can be changed. So, a fascia repair always means that a roof repair above is required as well.
Roof Penetrations & skylights
Penetrations can be problems when water makes its way under the tiles through the gap around the object. Once water gets under the tiles the same thing happens as in a valley repair. The water runs across the nails holding the tiles and a roof leak begins
Cracked or Broken Roof Tiles
Its really important to get cracked tiles fixed. The same thing happens as in valleys and penetrations. Water gets under the tiles, rusts the nails holding the tiles and a roof leak starts. There are a lot of roof companies out there, but most wont take the time to truly find and solve the problems on your roof. Take care of your tile
Call The Tile Roof Repair Experts Today
If your roof was poorly installed or is of low quality material, you may encounter more problems than you would like and you need to call a professional roof company to help you out. Whether you have a leak or damaging plant growth on your roof, our team is prepared to solve your problem. Call Preventive Maintenance Support Services Roofing Company. You’ll be glad you did
We perform quality installations and restructuring services for damaged roofs.Call us today at (561) 586-5655 for a free estimate on your tile roof repair.
Tile Roof Patch
This is the wrong way to repair a tile roof! Make sure your roofing contractor wont do this. The picture on right is a patch (not our crew). The tiles in the valley were removed and they just put a membrane over the old roof and sealed the edges. About 60 % of the tile roof leaks we repair have been patched like this in the past. don’t fall for it, its cheaper but it doesn’t work and you wind up paying for it a second time.
How can you tell if a contractor wants to try this?
- If your contractor wants to leave the tiles off until it rains to make sure he fixed it -RUN